Sunday, October 25, 2009

Silber: Process



Didn't go into great detail this time, because I did a lot of experimenting.




Getting right to it:




The rough sketch. Before I got to this pose I did a bunch of little sketches. Really loose, and I found that using kind of a fatter brush keeps me from getting into details too quickly.







Lineart. Refined some details as I went, shifted the angle of the arms and hands, etc. Pleasantly surprised at the hands - I have so much trouble with them still! It's really frustrating. :(





Here I started with the underpainting technique explained in the LehoPachi commission (check out the how-to links from some other great artists there), and then applied the flat colors, and then just squashed them all to one layer so that I could 'eyedrop paint' with the colors. This has it's benefits over trying to manage a million layers, but can also be hindering too, so it's just what works for you really.



So yeah... forgot to take another process screenie after that. ;) It went rather fast actually once the base was set. Lots of details, some texture brushes, and then a layer on top of the lineart to fill in the accents and final lighting elements. Viola!

Thanks for reading! Comments, feedback, rotten tomatoes always welcome. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment